[CentOS] Regarding CVE-2015-1781 vulnerability in Glibc

John Tall mjtallx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:36:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku
<dvrao.584 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using CentOS 5.5 with gcc version 2.5.123.el5.

Are you really on 5.5? You should consider updating to 5.11.

> I just wanted to check whether the CVE-2015-1781 is fixed in the current
> version?
>
> How can I do that?
>

> Right now I dont have access to that machine, so I wanted to check whether
> its fixed online ( not via shell)?

https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-1781

I don't know if CentOS has CVE information online. It's fixed in RHEL
6 so CentOS 6 should have it too. No word on whether RHEL 5/CentOS 5
is affected or not.

John