[CentOS] how do I make my headset work

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Jun 5 17:05:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, g wrote:

> after you finish your nap, pull "audio city"
>
> to find out all about it, their home page is;
>   http://web.audacityteam.org/
>
> features;
>   http://web.audacityteam.org/about/features

I just got it from an epel repository,
but it caused problems with yum.
If I install it, I guess I'll have to do it from source.

I'm not really looking to do much interesting with audio.
Eventually I expect to install skype.
That was the reason I bought the headset.
I wanted to make sure that I could make existing software use it before
trying to use it with something new and possibly more complicated.

If the humming is in the headset microphone,
I suppose I'll have to get a different one.
Any ideas on how to tell before I buy it
whether a microphone will introduce humming?

First I need to fix my packages.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods