[CentOS] Resize KVM NTFS file system

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:19:24 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I resized a partition inside a KVM RAW file system disk image.  When I
start the Win7 virtual machine it does not report the new partition
size.  It shows the file system as 15GB instead of the 50GB size of the
partition that it lives on.  I gather from hours so reading the manual
that I need to increase the NTFS file system size to fill the new larger
partition where it lives.

The ntfresize command does not seem to be compatible with disk image
files.  Do I have to mount the disk image file with a loopback first?

I tried doing it inside the Win7 VM using the disk management tools but
that didn't work either.

Any suggestions welcome.

--
    _