[CentOS] (no subject)

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jun 9 00:02:34 UTC 2015

On 6/8/2015 4:46 PM, michael wright wrote:
> Hello my name is Michael I am new to (CENTOS) what I would like to do is run the software as a dual boot  how can I do this I have a 2TB Harddrive  with 4GB DDR3 Memory Intel Core i5 processor 2300.

you would need unpartitioned space on the drive to hold the centos
partitions.  you don't say what other OS you wish to dualboot with, so
its hard to be more specific.

> I would like to setup a shared hosting site I no I need to install php and MySQL as such I also would like to sell domain names when I put in my search bar on my site how can i have it search for domainnames

hosting and dual boot aren't exactly compatible, a webserver would
typically be a server in a datacenter, with at least one static IP
address, and it would be always on 24/7.

installing php and mysql is about as simple as...

     # yum install mysql-server php php-mysql

and then configuring them per your application requirements.

that said,  the rest of your question, re: searching for domains, is
outside the scope of this channel, and better would be addressed on a
web application development forum.