[CentOS] (no subject)

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Jun 9 00:35:59 UTC 2015

On Jun 8, 2015, at 8:21 PM, michael wright <michael_j.w09 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am running windows 7 professional and the lastest centos7 x86 now if I wish to partition the hard since I have 2TB harddrive what volume would I need to set that at many thanks mike

How much space you need is mostly up to your plans for the system.  The minimum space required to install CentOS 7 is 10 gigabytes[1], although you certainly will want more.  Windows 7 is going to need more space, but with 2TB, you’re could easily just split it down the middle and have plenty left over.  I would suggest a separate /home partition, to make upgrading easier (see other threads[2] on this list).  If you plan on running a service on the system, a separate partition for that data might also be prudent.

Also, you appear to have a broken keyboard. I suggest checking whether any of your punctuation keypresses are generating characters.

1. http://wiki.centos.org/About/Product
2. http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2015-June/thread.html#152717