[CentOS] C5 : Firefox 38 bug

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jun 12 19:41:25 UTC 2015

On 6/13/2015 12:11 PM, jd1008 wrote:
> How in tarnation do you explain this:
> http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=googleusercontent.com

I see nothing there but a list of the status of that specific domain,
which google has analyzed from their spidering activity, there's nothing
there related to my web browser status or history or whatall.

so whats your point?

here's what I got from that URL for reference:

    Safe Browsing

      /Diagnostic page for/googleusercontent.com

*What is the current listing status for googleusercontent.com?*

    This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

    Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 370 time(s)
    over the past 90 days.

*What happened when Google visited this site?*

    Of the 4006663 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days,
    3446 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and
    installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this
    site was on 2015-06-12, and the last time suspicious content was
    found on this site was on 2015-06-12.

    Malicious software includes 18440 exploit(s), 12470 trojan(s), 2399
    scripting exploit(s).

    Malicious software is hosted on 13 domain(s),
    includingpowerade.com.ar/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=powerade.com.ar/>,douglas.de/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=douglas.de/>,maxtraffic.com/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=maxtraffic.com/>.

    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) includingAS15169 (GOOGLE)
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=AS:15169>.

*Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further
distribution of malware?*

    Over the past 90 days, googleusercontent.com appeared to function as
    an intermediary for the infection of 9 site(s)
    includingstartbusinesscoaching.com.au/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=startbusinesscoaching.com.au/>,crpcoutreach.blogspot.com/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=crpcoutreach.blogspot.com/>,businesscoachinstitute.com.au/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=businesscoachinstitute.com.au/>.

*Has this site hosted malware?*

    Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
    It infected 1206 domain(s), includingv4download.com/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=v4download.com/>,vfastdownload.com/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=vfastdownload.com/>,downloadmee.com/
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=downloadmee.com/>.

*Next steps:*

  * Return to the previous page.
    <http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=googleusercontent.com#>
  * If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of
    your site using GoogleWebmaster Tools
    <http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/>. More information about
    the review process is available in Google'sWebmaster Help Center
    <http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=45432>.