[CentOS] Any alternative to Single User Mode

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 00:37:05 UTC 2015

On 06/14/2015 06:28 PM, Animesh Pandey wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on Centos6.6 on a VirtualBox on Windows Host. Today I started
> to have booting issues in the OS. It won't get past the loading screen. I
> checked and found that the files related to the user "cloudera" on the
> system were not accessible. Only the files related to root were accessible.
> This is why I was am not able to do a single user login but an emergency
> login was possible. This is just a guess.
> This all happened due to some update in the Virtual Machine that I use to
> run CentOS.
>
> Is there any workaround for this issue?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Animesh Pandey
I wish you could provide more info.

How can you determine that inaccessibility to a user's
files will prevent centos from taking you all the way to
the login (or welcome) screen?

I think something else is going on and my guess is that
the centos files themselves have been corruped.
Can you re-install centos ?