[CentOS] Any alternative to Single User Mode

Animesh Pandey animeshpandey.etno at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 00:47:24 UTC 2015

I actually opened the Virtual Disk Image (.vdi) on http://www.vmxray.com/.
I could see that despite my disk being of 100GB only ~65GB was being shown.
All the stuff related ot the local user was not visible at all.
After I restarted my VM, the OS gets stuck here (
http://i.stack.imgur.com/KVYxV.png). Even after trying the single user
login it was stuck there. But the emergency mode worked alright.