[CentOS] using rsync to sync desktop /home/user of to laptop /home/user

Antonio S. Martins Jr. asmartins at uem.br
Wed Jun 17 09:15:29 UTC 2015

----- "g" <geleem at bellsouth.net> escreveu:

> De: "g" <geleem at bellsouth.net>
> Para: centos at centos.org
> Enviadas: Terça-feira, 16 de Junho de 2015 18:17:36 (GMT-0300) Auto-Detected
> Assunto: Re: [CentOS] using rsync to sync desktop /home/user of to laptop /home/user
>
> thank you for replying Johanthan.
>
> On 06/16/2015 02:52 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 02:44:43PM -0500, g wrote:
> >> what directories and files should not be copied so that configs
> for
> >> desktop/laptop do not corrupt configs for laptop/desktop screen?
> >
> > Maybe you need to be clearer.  The screen's configuration is not
> > really configured in your home directory, but by X (although these
> > days it's all autoprobed).
> >
> > Are you talking about what icons appear?  The configuration for
> KDE?
> .
> also, thank you for kicking my chemo brain in the butt. ;-)
>
> yes, i forgot about X being the wise and wondrous now.
>
> iirc, there used to be a file under /etc/X11 that had specs for
> keyboard, mouse, graphics card, monitor, language, etc, that one
> could make custom changes to if needed. several years back that
> got changed with auto probe. yes/no?
>
> therefore, my only real concern would be for progs like firefox,
> thunderbird and what else that is not standard with distrib, and
> have special files in /lib, /lib64, etc. y/n?
>
> as for icons and KDE configs, icons should be same as they are
> under /usr/share and i do want to have same/similar desktop window
> settings.
>
> long story to short, just try it. y/n?

Well,

   First try to hold in the same OS version on both, this will easy things :D

   IMHO, filter the dirs for firefox, thunderbird, etc... and try to sync only
your docs and desktop info!

   You can try syncing all and see what happens :D

   Att.,

        Antonio.

--
Antonio da Silva Martins Jr.
Analista de Suporte
email: asmartins at uem.br
fone: +55 (44) 3011-4015 / 3011-4411
inoc-dba: 263076*100

     "Real Programmers don’t need comments — the code is obvious."

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivirus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.