[CentOS] Virtualization

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina.rakotomandimby at rktmb.org
Wed Jun 17 11:43:23 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 11:10 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> regardless of all that noise, in RHEL and therefore CentOS, KVM is the
> preferred and best supported hypervisor.

I dont catch your point.
The OP was wide enough in his question in order to allow that discussion.

Anyway, I'll add one point: compatibility.

In our example, we were heavily using VMware ESX and its VM format (at
export) is not really supported for import by known solution. We ended
at keeping "old" VMWare VMs on ESX and new ones on XenServer.

Have you got any tool that could satisfy a vmdk to some more friandly
format migration?