[CentOS] C7: EPEL conflicts with Base and ElRepo?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:36:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 00:13:25 -0700
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing people should be aware is that EPEL is built for RHEL and
> that the package list is not the same between RHEL and CentOS. For
> example, CentOS adds cloud-related ones to the centos-extras repo
> which may overlap EPEL's.

Thanks for the info. How can I find out the package names for the
overlap? Can yum spell them out for me somehow?

> By the way, when I ran the same yum repolist command on my RHEL box
> with epel enabled, there was no conflict.

That's good to know. So it seems that folks in epel do take care not to
create conflicts, but wrt. to RHEL, but not CentOS. Given that, I'd
just like to know which packages to check for on my machine... :-)

Thanks, :-)
Marko