[CentOS] CentOS 7 + Dell Latitude E6420 laptop = thermalshutdown

johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be
Fri Jun 19 19:57:15 UTC 2015

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "Nicolas Thierry-Mieg" <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>
Verzonden: Woensdag 17 juni 2015 14:46:37
Onderwerp: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 7 + Dell Latitude E6420 laptop = thermalshutdown

On 06/17/2015 04:49 AM, deoren wrote:

> I'm still puzzled why the laptop appears to lockup when attempting to
> login to the desktop environment when using CentOS, but not Ubuntu
> 15.04. Any thoughts there?

I can't remember the whole thread but it seems you have an nvidia GPU
and are using nouveau? If so, try installing nvidia-detect and then the
correct nvidia driver for your system (from elrepo), and see if that
helps. Could be a nouveau problem.

http://elrepo.org/tiki/nvidia-detect

Hello,

I have received 4 of these machines today, with Nvidia graphics.
I installed all 4 ( first minimal install, then Mate ) and that went ok.
So far they didn't shut down.

greetings, Johan