[CentOS] CentOS QA

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jun 19 20:07:23 UTC 2015

On 06/18/2015 08:26 AM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 07:51:28AM +0530, Sudhi wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies.
>> I understood that a major part of testing being done by Redhat. But after
>> repackaging the sources how doest CentOS make sure
>> the integrity of the product. Is it being done by a dedicated team or by
>> community ?
>
> It's done by the community.

The testing that is done is performed by our volunteer QA team.  We also
use the t_functional test suite:

http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/AutomatedTests/WritingTests/t_functional

You can see the output of the t_functional tests here:

https://ci.centos.org/view/CentOS-Core-QA/

BUT .. CentOS is a use it if it meets your requirements and "YOU" are
the authority who decides if it meets your standards and your
requirements for fitness, etc.

The CentOS EULA is here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/EULA

So, you need to decide what you want for security testing, security
auditing, bugs testing, intrusion detection, or accreditation.  The
CentOS team provides no statement of fitness or assurance of any kind.

Quite simply, we build the source code that Red Hat releases for RHEL,
debranding as required by their trademark policy.  If it meets your
requirements for fitness then you can use it as you see fit.  But you
assume all responsibility for determining fitness for use.