[CentOS] Yum issues with EPEL

david

david at daku.org
Sat Jun 20 01:17:53 UTC 2015

Folks

After years of working just-fine, I have an automated script that
manages yum for me at initial install time.  Sometime within the last
48 hours, I get the error message

http://mirror.nexcess.net/epel/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
-1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for epel
Trying other mirror.

And this message repeats through all the mirrors, causing the load of
the repomd to fail, and then the yum to fail.  The resultant system
becomes unusable because I need stuff from epel.

I find it difficult to believe that ALL mirrors are bad, unless it's
the base epel system that's failed.  Does anyone have some clue?

Clueless David in San Francisco