[CentOS] OT: default password for HP printer

ken

gebser at mousecar.com
Mon Jun 22 15:31:34 UTC 2015

For some reason the "tech support" people at Hewlett-Packard don't know
what the default password is to access their printer's embedded web
server (EWS).  I got it myself from the installation manual six months
ago and immediately set my own password which I have used since then, so
I no longer remember what the default is.  (It's really a longer story
than that, but....)  So I was just hoping that someone here might know
what that default password is.  Mine is an Officejet Pro 8620, but
perhaps some other, recent HP printer default password would work.
(Yes, I've already tried various versions of "admin", an empty password,
and others, but just not anything which has worked.)