[CentOS] OT: default password for HP printer

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Mon Jun 22 22:30:53 UTC 2015

On 06/22/2015 05:45 PM, Bill Maltby (C4B) wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 17:22 -0400, ken wrote:
> <snip>
>> True, I didn't mention that the manual's gone missing.  But I thought
>> that fact would be obvious and not in need of explaining.
>
> This may be silly too, but is the manual availble on-line, say as a PDF?
>
> That may be your slvation?
>
> HTH,
> Bill

I've  downloaded and searched and read (the parts on the EWS) from four
(4) PDFs, all specifically for the 8620, and didn't find any mention of
a default password for the EWS.  Obviously I searched separately after
"ews", "password", and "admin"... but zilch.  It would be weird if the
one doc containing that info didn't make it onto the web, but I suppose
anything is possible.  Or perhaps I just haven't found the PDF of that
one doc yet.  (HP's site only has three docs, akaik.)