[CentOS] /boot on a separate partition?

Phelps, Matthew mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 23 15:34:25 UTC 2015

FWIW, we don't use a separate partition and haven't had any issues (we do
set up / as a separate partition only 5GB large). We have over 150 systems
that have been chugging along with many versions of CentOS this way for
years.

We only use ext3,4 filesystems though. And no volume manager.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Do most people today have /boot on a separate partition,
> > or do they (you) have it on the / partition ?
> >
> Separate partition, 100% of the time.

Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility
Harvard - Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu, http://www.cfa.harvard.edu