[CentOS] /boot on a separate partition?

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Tue Jun 23 16:22:05 UTC 2015

I use only / for VMs which tend to be single partition, swap-less.

My "real" servers and workstations/laptops will always have a /boot, in case I decide / needs to be on top of LVM, LUKS and so on which will require booting the kernel and then do fancier stuff from the initrd.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro