[CentOS] LVM hatred, was Re: /boot on a separate partition?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jun 23 20:31:45 UTC 2015

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:23:52 -0400
> Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > (3) It's being pushed as default on everyday ordinary users, who
>> > have absolutely no need for it.
>> >
>>       That is not lvm's fault, but the distro's decision.
>
> Agreed, but remember that hatred is not a rational thing. When one sees
<snip>
Hold on thar, pardner. I don't "hate" LVM, but don't care for it. And in
most cases, or at least my own, and the person who is vehemently against
it, it's based on personal experience. How is that "not a rational thing"?

For that matter, haven't you ever gotten gunshy when something that's
billed as the LATESTGREATESTTHINGSINCESLICEDBREAD is buggy, and not ready
for prime time? Certainly 10-12 years ago, that's how I felt about python,
where literally every sub-release broke what was running. Is it irrational
to be unappreciative of it? (We'll ignore my unhappiness at the whole
concept of whitespace as a syntax element.)

Or then there's systemd....

        mark