[CentOS] Recording piano and voice

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Tue Jun 23 21:05:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 10:41:42 -0700
John R Pierce wrote:

> do note, if this is a stage grade electric piano, using big phone plugs,
> the audio level out is not quite the same as consumer line level that a
> computer input would want to record,

My piano does indeed the big phone plugs.

I have some adapter plugs in my junk box that will probably serve to allow me to do the physical hook-up here.  I was really hoping to be able to get this done without having to purchase additional hardware.

I'll have to dig out the manual for my piano and do a bit of reading to see what's really going on with those plugs and whatnot.  The only thing I've ever plugged into it so far is headphones.

I was looking at a higher-end digital piano a while back that can record a wav file to a flash drive that you just plug into the piano.  Which is starting to sound like a very handy feature to have available.  That gives me one more reason to consider upgrading my piano someday, I suppose.