[CentOS] CentOS 7, systemd, pNFS - hosed

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jun 23 21:24:04 UTC 2015

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I just updated a server that's running CentOS 7. I do have elrepo enabled,
> because this Rave computer has four early Tesla cards.
>
> It won't boot. Nor can I get it to boot with either of the other two
> kernels, and I'll be the one that worked was erased.
>
> *Once* it complained that it couldn't fsck the large filesystem (IIRC,
> it's XFS). The other four-five times, I get pNFS something Dependency,
> failed, systemd freezing execution.
>
> So far, I'm googling, and not finding anything like this. Has anyone run
> into this, or have any suggestions?
>
> If I could get back to the fsck failure, I could at least tell it to
> ignore /dev/sdb....

This is more complex... I have two drives in this system. I've got one
that holds the CentOS 7 install, and one with 6.6. The one with the 7 is
in hot swap bay 1, while the other's in bay 2. With both of them in there,
it goes to boot off what I would expect to be enumerated as hd1; instead,
it seems to see it as hd0.

When I pull out the drive with 6, 7 boots just fine. The drive with 6, of
course, has grub, while the one with 7 has grub2.

Any ideas as to how I can get it to work with the correct drive?

      mark