[CentOS] LVM hatred, was Re: /boot on a separate partition?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Jun 25 16:45:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 11:15 -0500, Jason Warr wrote:
> On 6/23/2015 10:33 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > Inside / (which is mostly always ext4), 100% of the time. :-)
> > That said, I prefer virtual machines over multiboot environments,
> > and I
> > absolutely despise LVM --- that cursed thing is never getting on my
> > drives. Never again, that is...
> I'm curious what has made some people hate LVM so much.

Having to read the documentation?  That has always been what I assumed
- people want to do something without being bothered with understanding
what they are doing.

> I have been using it for years on ...

Yep.  Use it on every server, no exceptions, never had issues I did not
cause myself - and moving storage around, adding storage, all on
running servers... never a problem.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383