[CentOS] Redistributing CentOS as part of a package

Mon Jun 1 16:00:48 UTC 2015
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

Hi all,

  I'm developing a program that is not a distro, per-se, but sort of
acts like one. Basically, it's a modified CentOS ISO with some extra
RPMs added, unneeded RPMs removed and containing a modified boot screen
and install selection list.

  The list says "CentOS", so a user knows the installed appliance will
be based on CentOS, but it also has our project's branding along with it
(splash screen, our custom installer's images and text, etc). We do not
modify /etc/issue, /etc/redhat-release or so one.

  So I wanted to ask the community if this is OK, as I think I'm sitting
in something of a gray area between a straight custom CentOS ISO and a
new distro. If this isn't the right place to ask, a pointer to the right
place would be much appreciated.

  I am happy to answer any further questions (here or in private) from
the CentOS team if it would help clarify things.

Cheers!

--
Digimer
access to education?