[CentOS] rpmforge vs epel

Tue Jun 9 18:26:11 UTC 2015
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I've been informed that rpmforge and epel do
not play well together and that if I use both,
epel should have the higher (lower numbered) priority.
Alas I had it the other way around.
rpmforge messed up my effort to get audacity.
I no longer need audacity,
but would like to fix the situation before some other problem crops up.

Would fixing the priorities and telling yum to
reinstall all the packages from rpmforge be useful?
Would it be dangerous?

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods