[CentOS] C7: EPEL conflicts with Base and ElRepo?

Thu Jun 18 21:04:04 UTC 2015
Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com>

Hi everyone,

This just came to my attention --- I have CentOS 7 installed on one
machine, and have configured elrepo and epel as additional
repositories. When I turned on the yum-priorities package (and set up
priorities in the order base&updates < elrepo < epel), it turns out
that there are 65 conflicting packages between base and epel, and
additional 5 between elrepo and epel (there are no conflicts between
base and elrepo, as expected).

As far as I understand, this shouldn't happen. Does anyone know which
packages are conflicting, and why?

Here is the relevant yum output, note the excluded packages info:

# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities
 * base: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * elrepo: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * epel: mirror.pmf.kg.ac.rs
 * extras: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * updates: ftp.ines.lug.ro
70 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
repo id          repo name
status base/7/x86_64    CentOS-7 -
Base                                           8,652 elrepo
ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository - el7      143
epel/x86_64      Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64
8,025+70 extras/7/x86_64  CentOS-7 -
Extras                                           128 updates/7/x86_64
CentOS-7 - Updates                                          682
repolist: 17,630

# yum repolist --disablerepo=elrepo
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities
 * base: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * epel: mirror.pmf.kg.ac.rs
 * extras: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * updates: ftp.ines.lug.ro
65 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
repo id              repo name
status base/7/x86_64        CentOS-7 -
Base                                       8,652 epel/x86_64
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64     8,030+65
extras/7/x86_64      CentOS-7 -
Extras                                       128 updates/7/x86_64
CentOS-7 - Updates                                      682 repolist:
17,492

# yum repolist --disablerepo=epel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities
 * base: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * elrepo: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * extras: ftp.ines.lug.ro
 * updates: ftp.ines.lug.ro
repo id           repo
name                                               status
base/7/x86_64     CentOS-7 -
Base                                         8,652 elrepo
ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository - el7    143
extras/7/x86_64   CentOS-7 -
Extras                                         128 updates/7/x86_64
CentOS-7 - Updates                                        682 repolist:
9,605

So what's going on with epel?

TIA, :-)
Marko