[CentOS] Native ZFS on Linux

Mon Jun 1 15:55:55 UTC 2015
Jason Warr <jason at warr.net>

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:02:53 -0500, Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> wrote:

> All that matters for CentOS is:
>
> 1: Red Hat doesn't ship ZFS because of Red Hat's lawyers' interpretation
>    of GPL+CDDL
> 2: Arguing about it here will not change #1
> 3: CentOS ships a clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and so won't have
>    things that Red Hat's lawyers don't approve (see #2)
>
> Please let it go.  I think everybody here knows your opinion.

I think that you need to simplify #1 to:

1: Red Hat doesn't ship ZFS

As that is really all that matters and so that people can't argue that you
are making a statement of knowledge about what/why Red Hat's lawyers have
decided.  It does not matter on these lists WHY they don't ship it, just
that they don't.

Just my opinion.