[CentOS] What has happened to the CentOS logo?

Thu Jun 4 16:41:28 UTC 2015
Mike - st257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Mike - st257 wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Timothy Murphy
> > <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Has the CentOS logo disappeared from CentOS-7?
> >
> > You are referring to Plymouth splash screen while booting.
> >
> >> I thought the logo in CentOS-6 was very pleasant.
>
> Probably.
> The fact remains that booting was attractive, and now it isn't.

I'll agree that the boot splash change from EL6 to EL7 differs a lot.

We're of differing opinion ... I see the boot splash "once every blue moon"
so it doesn't bother me.  It's certainly more modern looking in EL7, though
it does lack the indicator "ring" that shows granular boot progress.

You can get/create and set different boot splash themes.
Maybe it's possible for you (or potentially someone already created it?) a
theme that gives you the "attractiveness" you desire.
http://www.tejasbarot.com/2009/01/19/enable-graphical-boot-with-plymouth/
http://theurbanpenguin.com/wp/?p=3227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4eiK7chQTo

--