[CentOS] how do I make my headset work

Fri Jun 5 18:12:53 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 06/05/2015 12:05 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, g wrote:
>
>> after you finish your nap, pull "audio city"
>>
>> to find out all about it, their home page is;
>>   http://web.audacityteam.org/
>>
>> features;
>>   http://web.audacityteam.org/about/features
>
> I just got it from an epel repository,
> but it caused problems with yum.
> If I install it, I guess I'll have to do it from source.
>
> I'm not really looking to do much interesting with audio.
> Eventually I expect to install skype.
> That was the reason I bought the headset.
> I wanted to make sure that I could make existing software use it before
> trying to use it with something new and possibly more complicated.
>
> If the humming is in the headset microphone,
> I suppose I'll have to get a different one.
> Any ideas on how to tell before I buy it
> whether a microphone will introduce humming?
>
> First I need to fix my packages.

audio city version i have is 1.2.12.

you do not mention where you pulled from, so i would suggest same
site where i pulled it.

i checked back in history to insure i recalled where i pulled it.

this is file i have to pull nux desktop rpms.

/etc/yum.repos.d/nux-dextop.repo

=+=+=+=

[nux-dextop]
name=Nux.Ro RPMs for general desktop use
baseurl=http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/$basearch/
http://mirror.li.nux.ro/li.nux.ro/nux/dextop/el6/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-nux.ro
protect=0

[nux-dextop-testing]
name=Nux.Ro RPMs for general desktop use - testing
baseurl=http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop-testing/el6/$basearch/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-nux.ro
protect=0

=+=+=+=

as for vlc, i have version 2.0.8, so you might need to find a later
release. a problem is that it likes to enable screen blanking when
playing videos. :-\

this is what i pulled for it;

  vlc-core-2.0.8-2.el6.nux.x86_64
  vlc-2.0.8-2.el6.nux.x86_64
  vlc-plugin-jack-2.0.8-2.el6.nux.x86_64
  vlc-extras-2.0.8-2.el6.nux.x86_64

hth.

--

peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.