[CentOS] NetworkManager / wireless on latest Centos7 installs

Tue Jun 9 14:36:40 UTC 2015

Fred Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 11:51:46AM +0200, johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be
> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> on the latest installs I've done, on 2 different types of Latitude
>> laptops, with 3 different wireless cars, of Centos7 and Mate desktop,
>> it looks to me like NetworkManager is nog managing wireless.
>> When clicking the nm icon in the top right corner, I'm not seeing access
>> points.
>
> FWIW, it seems to work properly on my Acer Aspire One netbook...
> Out Of The Box, as the phrase goes.

Dumb question: on my old Latitude, I have to make sure wireless is turned
on with the little on the right side of the laptop. (When I bring it into
work for conformation conformance, they turn it off, since they plug it
in....)

     mark