[CentOS] centos 7 will not install :(

Tue Jun 9 16:55:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 09:16:07AM -0700, JD wrote:
> The screen image I took with my camera can be viewed at
> https://www.sendspace.com/file/4828ej
>
> The questions I have are:
> why VNC ???  VNC is a horribly insecure protocol.
> Why would I want someone from outside viewing my installation?
> Why is the X server looking for display :1  ??
> I only have one display screen on the laptop, so the display is :0
>
> This is a horribly broken ISO spin.

Looked at your image.

It appears the graphical installation failed to start.  Did you read
the text?  Did you try the suggestion?  I'll retype it here:

* if the graphical installation fails to start, try again with the
  inst.text bootoption to start text installation

I suspect that for whatever reason, the graphical installer is failing
on your laptop, probably because it doesn't support your video card.
Try the text-based installer.  Sadly, laptops are so varied its quite
often that the video hardware simply isn't supported during install,
and needs a 3rd-party driver to even work.

Don't get too excited about the VNC suggestion.  Anaconda (the
software performing the install) has the option to use VNC for a
graphical install if you are installing a headless server.  You're
just seeing anaconda log a comment that it wouldn't be available since
you didn't configure networking in the anaconda boot options.  So it's
not even trying it.  You're just seeing a verbose log entry.