[CentOS] CentOS 7 Repeating Update Messages

Thu Jun 11 18:16:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:44:46AM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> The same feeling here. It feels like every new release of Windows always
> feels: everything is so different, and you need to go through rather steep
> learning curve just to learn how to find necessary tools. Which in case of
> Windows appears to be mere re-shuffling of the same old tools. Of course,
> RHEL/CenOS are different...

In this case, the 'yum-cron' functionality was absorbed by the Yum
project.  In el6, yum-cron was an external project.  The new
functionality has a bunch of extra features (such as only installing
security updates) but errs on the side of caution by only downloading
by default.

> Just not sure: should I add "rant" tags, or sent it as is ;-(

I don't see why you'd bother, it'd be entirely redundant.