[CentOS] C5 : Firefox 38 bug

Fri Jun 12 14:24:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, June 12, 2015 8:28 am, g wrote:

> On 06/10/2015 03:56 AM, Always Learning wrote:
>> I displayed, as a web page, a list of search results created in PHP,
>> from MySQL.
>
> i am still using 24.8.0 and do not have to contend with all the
> bugs introduced by moz dev and their 'bells and whistles' when
> they started try to get ahead of gaagle chrome web browser.
>
> you will get better results for your problems it you would post
> them to the mozilla-support-firefox at lists.mozilla.org which you
> can join subscribing to list at;

Just for those who are the same upset with Mozilla firefox as I am (for
about 6 years I was looking for firefox replacement, - fruitlessly
mostly). Someone just recommended me a replacement, which I didn't test
long enough yet, but during last two weeks I'm using it, and it behaves
(is stable, and has all featured one would expect from the browser today).

https://www.vivaldi.com/

Alas, it is not open source, but it is available (as precompiled binaries)
for Linux (both rpm abd deb based installers), MacOX, and Windows. I can
not use it on my FreeBSD workstation, - sigh (I probably will end up
switching from firefox to midori on FreeBSD). When choosing Firefox
replacement, I had really strong constraint on my side: "provided the
browser is NOT google chrome", as I have my reservations about google
chrome which I don't want to go into here.

Mentioning in a hope this may help someone.

Valeri