[CentOS] Actually try to install CentOS7

Sat Jun 13 13:51:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 09:00:52PM -0600, jd1008 wrote:
> But I would still like to get up to 7,
> but as I indicated in another post, I cannot use the 7's
> iso because it crashes immediately during boot.
> Problem with bringing up X.
> As I also stated in another post, centos 6.4 had no problems
> with my old graphics card. So, why is centos 7 crapping out?

There are a couple other options from this page you should try, when
installing CentOS7:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Installation_Guide/chap-anaconda-boot-options.html

inst.xdriver=fbdev

or

inst.usefbx

This will use the Framebuffer driver instead of whatever driver the
installer is trying to load that then crashes.

You could also use VNC, although apparently that's abhorrent.