[CentOS] Virtualization

Thu Jun 18 02:14:54 UTC 2015
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 06/17/2015 10:24 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

> On 06/17/2015 04:52 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
>> But to address the direct question of the OP, I use KVM for many
>> things, but I have older hardware in quantity on which I'll likely
>> run Xen4CentOS with paravirtualized guests,
>
> Is not LXC an alternative for such situation? Simpler, fully
> integrated to libvirt,...

Perhaps for some of our workloads LXC and LXD (for 'live migration'
things) would work, but I have a need on a few VM's to have different
kernels and even completely different yet paravirtualized OSes (pfSense
for one, since FreeBSD has paravirtualization drivers) running, even
going as far as having mixed 32 and 64 bit installs. Some of the
applications we use are a bit version-locked for various reasons beyond
our control.  And, yes, I'd like hypervisor-based HA and live migration
for my pfSense and OpenBSD VM's.