[CentOS] OT: default password for HP printer

Mon Jun 22 16:43:20 UTC 2015
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:31:34AM -0400, ken wrote:
> For some reason the "tech support" people at Hewlett-Packard don't
> know what the default password is to access their printer's embedded
> web server (EWS).  I got it myself from the installation manual six
> months ago and immediately set my own password which I have used
> since then, so I no longer remember what the default is.  (It's
> really a longer story than that, but....)  So I was just hoping that
> someone here might know what that default password is.  Mine is an
> Officejet Pro 8620, but perhaps some other, recent HP printer
> default password would work. (Yes, I've already tried various
> versions of "admin", an empty password, and others, but just not
> anything which has worked.)

Judging from this thread, there may not be one.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/hp-officejet-8600-pro-admin-password/td-p/4930621

It's an 8600 rather than 8620 but it seems as if you may have to do a
reset.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6