[CentOS] installing Centos Question

Tue Jun 23 05:31:27 UTC 2015
michael wright <michael_j.w09 at hotmail.com>

thanks for that I'm downloading

-----Original Message-----
From: John R Pierce
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 3:21 PM he cent os now and going to install it
on a usb would like the desktop and athe server mike
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] installing Centos Question

On 6/22/2015 10:14 PM, michael wright wrote:
> Hi just partition my harddrive to 2GB was not sure how many Mb or Gb
> centos runs can someone help me please that’s all I need to know mike

it depends entirely on what you install.   my server installs typically
have a / of around 3GB used, I generally allocated a 20-40GB /
partition.   /home is however large your users are.   if you run
databases or webservers, those can be as big as you need them to be.

Filesystem                              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/c7test1-root                50G   2.8G   48G 6% /
/dev/mapper/c7test1-home                76G   5.8G   70G 8% /home
/dev/sda1                               497M  264M  234M 54% /boot

but tthis is a server, there's no desktop stuff at all.