[CentOS] Recording piano and voice

Tue Jun 23 17:44:35 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 06/23/2015 05:14 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
<<>>

> I think I will try to do this with Audacity as Fred Smith suggested.
> If I record the speaking part first, I can then somehow play it back
> and record the piano track while listening to the voice track to get
> the timing right.  What I'm doing doesn't really have a beat or
> rhythm like a song -- it's a dramatic reading, but some of the words
> have a note or chord to sound along with them so getting it
> coordinated will be the challenge.
.
thinking about that, i agree to voice then music.

i was thinking along lines of a song, not a reading.

a reading would be more like adding music to a silent film where the
music accents the action.

in your case, the music would accent the tone and emphasis of your
voice.

as for usb, i thought back to when i went to a band recording set
up with a friend, i was cautioned not to step on any of the cables
connected between the equipment. i was told that they were usb cables
and they were fragile. the cables also connected to a computer. maybe
there was something special going on as like they were using all
digital musical instruments.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#MIDI

anyway, how about posting where we can listen to your efforts.

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6