[CentOS] user 'not listed' on login screen

Tue Jun 30 17:58:49 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 06/30/15 12:22, CS DBA wrote:
> All;
>
> I installed centOS 7 (KDE), I also created a user 'postgres'
> the postgres user does not show up as a user on the login screen.
>
> How can I make this user show up on the login screen? I've googled it
> with no luck

log in a root user, check for /home/missing-user.

in /etc files; group, gshadow, passwd, shadow, for 'missing-user'.

if missing or present, create user again to see if will correct.

if it is a daemon as Mark suggest, remove daemon.

hth.

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6