[CentOS] Ignorant question on SSL certs

Tue Mar 3 19:12:51 UTC 2015
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Jason Pyeron wrote:

>> I'm really just asking if I cannot just use what I take to be
>> the standard openssl certificate and key in /etc/pki/tls/
>> Do I really have to create up a special cert for dovecot?
>
> It depends on what you mean by special and was it done properly the first
> time.

The cert and key in /etc/pki/tls seem to work perfectly well.
My impression is that this is the standard place
for CentOS and Fedora certs.
IIRC, installation guides for both suggest this for certs and keys.

Most Fedora applications that require authentication
also seem to refer to this folder.

My question is simply: Does one require a separate cert for dovecot?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net