[CentOS] Network throughput testing software available for CentOS/Linux

Fri Mar 13 00:42:46 UTC 2015
Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <marcelo.leitner at gmail.com>

On 12-03-2015 17:39, Digimer wrote:

> On 12/03/15 04:29 PM, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> A network engineer buddy of mine brought up for discussion with me
>> that he'd like to do some throughput testing, but he's new to
>> Linux/RedHat. Is there any software I can recommend to him that any
>> of you find above par for CentOS 6/7?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Gilbert
>
> I've used iperf a lot successfully. I have an RPM for EL6 on my repo here:
>
> https://alteeve.ca/an-repo/el6/RPMS/x86_64/iperf-2.0.5-11.el6.anvil.x86_64.rpm
>
> The source is there, and I would be surprised if it didn't build
> easily on EL7.
>
> https://alteeve.ca/an-repo/el6/SRPMS/iperf-2.0.5-11.el6.anvil.src.rpm

+1 for iperf, and it's available on EPEL also
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/
EPEL6 has iperf and iperf3 while EPEL7 has just iperf3.

netperf is also very good, but it's more complex to use and I'm not
aware of packages for it.

   Marcelo