[CentOS] How to boot CentOS 7 in Text mode in default?

Thu Mar 19 22:09:02 UTC 2015
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

>>> On 19 March 2015 at 19:18, Sean.lim <lim at u-can.us.com> wrote:
>>> In case of C7
>>>
>>> $ Sudo systemctl disable gdm.service
>>>
>>> then reboot your server.
>>>
>>> Sean
>>>

>> Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015 20:25:11 +0000
>> From: James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>
>>
>> Um no?
>>
>> systemctl set-default multi-user.target
>>
>> All you have to do is set the target to reach... what the above
>> command does is symlink default.target to the chosen target.
>>

> Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015 14:44:29 -0700
> From: "Sean.lim" <lim at u-can.us.com>
>
> What is your ideas? Let me know your opinion before saying no...

He included the command in his message. Also as I indicated in an
early message in this thread, if you look at /etc/inittab, where one
used to set the runlevel, you will see the details of how to do this
on a C7 machine. Mark's wiki reference included the correct
information too.

[please don't top post, especially on a thread where people are
(appropriately) bottom posting, as your posts are messing up
readability.]

    - Richard