[CentOS] installing C7 on a laptop with Win7, dual boot

miguelmedalha at sapo.pt miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Mon Mar 2 01:15:14 UTC 2015

> It's not that I use the win7 installation much, but I do want to be able
> to do so when one of those rare occasions pops up.

If your laptop is powerful enough and its processor supports hardware
virtualization, you can have both systems running at the same time
with almost no speed decrease. There are free virtualization solutions
such as Virtual Box. You would instsl C7 and then create a virtual
machine for Windows. When you need Windows, just run it in a window.

Dual boot is a PITA.