[CentOS] Custom user profile for GNOME 3?

Niki Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Tue Mar 3 11:27:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wonder where - and eventually how - GNOME 3 stores its user
preferences. I'd like to create a custom user profile, with slightly
different settings than the default ones:

* don't show home folder on ~/Desktop
* don't show Trash
* use custom default wallpaper
* stretch wallpaper instead of zooming
* use different default icon theme
* etc.

Until now I've done this successfully with desktop environments like
GNOME 2, Xfce or KDE. I just copied over the relevant files from
~/.config, ~/.kde4 (IIRC), ~/.gconf or whatever to /etc/skel, and newly
created users had their settings ready.

Anybody knows how I can manage this with GNOME 3?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr