[CentOS] grsync for centos 7

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:30:15 UTC 2015

Thanks for the replies.

1)  I always use the -n (--dry-run) option.  Couldn't imaging not doing so!

2)  I hate having to look up stuff like the trailing slashes each time.
And trying to decide what to (--exclude), to -H or not to -H, etc.

3)  I hate having to re-do #2 every time I want to do a small ad-hoc backup
or synchronization, let alone a full filesystem backup.

4)  I could do shut down, reboot, and run Grsync from a cd or USB stick.
But what a hassle for minor, ad-hoc stuff.  Should only have to do that for
full backups.

5)  If Grsync was in centos before, why was it removed?  "Because it's not
in RHEL."  Okay, but why not?

6)  While I do really appreciate CLI stuff,  more and more I have come to
appreciate GUI stuff.  Someday, I think you too will understand.

7)  Again, hasn't anyone installed Grsync in centos 7 from source?  I hate
to being the "lab rat".