[CentOS] which uuid to specify a raid in fstab

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Mar 8 00:23:12 UTC 2015

/etc/fstab needs the UUID for the filesystem volume; so if you use
blkid, find the line with the filesystem type and label you used when
you created the file system, and use the uuid listed after UUID=

The grub.cfg should have a boot parameter mduuid which makes mdadm in
the initramfs aware that it should assemble the array as soon as it
can. It ought to be able to discover what it needs from mdadm metadata
1.x from the member drives, but I'm actually not certain of the role
the /etc/mdadm.conf plays or whether it needs to be baked into the
initramfs these days.

You can use 'systemd-analyze blame' to see if any particular unit file
is waiting for either the fs uuid or md uuid to appear. If so I'd
probably start with just rebuilding the initramfs with a 'dracut -f'.
I'd like to believe on-disk metadata can just be discovered
automatically but...

Chris Murphy