[CentOS] Running the Wine emulator on CentOS 7

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Mon Mar 9 16:24:27 UTC 2015

Le 08/03/2015 01:53, Nux! a écrit :
> There are some 32bit RPMs (slightly older) here:
> http://arrfab.net/attic/RPMS/7/x86_64/

I tried to install these, but I ran into some trouble. Here's what I
tried to do.

I'm using the yum-priorities plugin. The official CentOS repos are
configured with a priority of 1. Besides that, I'm using the EPEL and
Nux-dextop third party repos, each with a priority of 10.

I created an /etc/yum.repos.d/wine.repo file:

[wine]
enabled=1
priority=5
name=Wine repository
baseurl=http://arrfab.net/attic/RPMS/7/$basearch/
gpgcheck=0

I gave it a priority of 5, since I want the wine-* packages to have
precedence over those present in EPEL.

But when I try this:

# yum install wine

... here's what I get:

=======================================

Error:  Multilib version problems found. This often means that the root
cause is something else and multilib version checking is just
pointing out that there is a problem. Eg.:

1. You have an upgrade for openal-soft which is missing some
dependency that another package requires. Yum is trying to
solve this by installing an older version of openal-soft of the
different architecture. If you exclude the bad architecture
yum will tell you what the root cause is (which package
requires what). You can try redoing the upgrade with
--exclude openal-soft.otherarch ... this should give you an error
message showing the root cause of the problem.

2. You have multiple architectures of openal-soft installed, but
yum can only see an upgrade for one of those architectures.
If you don't want/need both architectures anymore then you
can remove the one with the missing update and everything
will work.

3. You have duplicate versions of openal-soft installed already.
You can use "yum check" to get yum show these errors.

...you can also use --setopt=protected_multilib=false to remove
this checking, however this is almost never the correct thing to
do as something else is very likely to go wrong (often causing
much more problems).

Protected multilib versions: openal-soft-1.15.1-3.el7.arrfab.i686 !=
openal-soft-1.16.0-2.el7.x86_64

Now before I'm wrecking my system, I thought I'd rather ask your advice.
What can I do to install this Wine version cleanly?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr