[CentOS] Centos 6 - disabling IPv6 addressing

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Mar 9 17:52:30 UTC 2015

No change after running this and trying both:

system network restart

ifdown eth0; ifup eth0

Still having an IPv6 addr.

The box has been up for 140 days.  Would like to keep it running...

This box is really Redsleeve 6, which is the port of Centos 6 to arm.
The kernel I am using is the F19 kernel.  All of this MIGHT be
contributing to things not working as they would on a 'normal' Centos
box.  I am awaiting the start of the Centos7-arm work ;)