[CentOS] Centos 6 - disabling IPv6 addressing

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Mar 9 18:35:57 UTC 2015

On 03/09/2015 02:18 PM, Chris Stone wrote:
> How about, in your /etc/sysconfig/network file adding or editing the line
> for IPV6 to be:
>
> NETWORKING_IPV6=no

One of the first things I tried.  It is still in there and doing no
difference.

What I have is:

# cat network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=z9m9z.htt-consult.com
NETWORKING_IPV6=no
IPV6INIT=no
IPV6_AUTOCONF=no

and:

cat network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE="eth0"
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT="yes"
TYPE="Ethernet"
NAME="System eth0"
MACADDR=02:67:15:00:00:03
MTU=1500
DNS1=50.253.254.2
DNS2=192.168.224.2
GATEWAY="50.253.254.14"
IPADDR="50.253.254.3"
NETMASK="255.255.255.240"
HOSTNAME="z9m9z.htt-consult.com"
IPV6INIT="no"

I have used all the magic glue to say "no ipv6" and it just chugs along.