[CentOS] (no subject)

Ravi Roy

ravi.aroy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:10:22 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

i've CentOS 6.6 (Final) 64 bit version installed and I can not access the
online repositories to install/update (pls see eror below the error),  I
tried to google this error I get a lot of links but nothing I could  really
solving this  issue. I've already disabled ipv6 and also defined proxy in
/etc/yum.conf.

[root at myhost ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Setting up Update Process
Determining fastest mirrors
 * c6-media:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 12]
Timeout on http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
(28, 'connect() timed out!')
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
base. Please verify its path and try again

If I try to use 'wget' to get 'repomd.xml' then it works fine.

[root at myhost ~]# wget
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
--2015-03-09 20:05:03--
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
Connecting to xx.xx.xx.xx:80... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3751 (3.7K) [text/xml]
Saving to: “repomd.xml”

3,751       --.-K/s   in 0s

2015-03-09 20:05:03 (14.6 MB/s) - “repomd.xml” saved [3751/3751]

Has anybody experienced this kind of beahviour and got it working ?

Thank you in advance for pointers.

Regards
Ravi.