[CentOS] CentOS 6.6 repo access issue.

Hendrik Strydom hns1 at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 10 14:51:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 16:44 +0530, Ravi Roy wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> My apologies for earlier mail without subject line. kindly ignore.
>
> i've CentOS 6.6 (Final) 64 bit version installed and I can not access the
> online repositories to install/update (pls see eror below the error),  I
> tried to google this error I get a lot of links but nothing I could  really
> solving this  issue. I've already disabled ipv6 and also defined proxy in
> /etc/yum.conf.

This is stating the obvious but it looks like your proxy definition in
yum.conf does not work.
I assume you have something like:
proxy=http://<hostname>:<port>
with a possible
proxy_username=whoever
and proxy_password=whatever
if required in yum.conf
Check these again, I find I often read what I thought I typed, not what
I actually did.

If this is correct tcpdump may give you some useful information on what
is actually happening.

Regards